The Samsung Galaxy A5 is the mid-ranger in the new galaxy A-series, meaning it doesn’t carry the top of the range specs like the A7 and it’s not the bottom of the group of phones either. The A5 mixes affordability with specs to give users an overall great smartphone. However, you aren’t getting the full experience that Android has to offer unless you crack open the operating system away from the restrictions which the manufacturer has put in place.
You must have the Galaxy A5 variant of the smartphone from the A-series. Furthermore, you must have the device running the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. These devices are currently running that software update out of the box. However, the A-series will likely find the Android Lollipop starting from 5.0 and up in the coming months ahead. At that time you want to search for a new guide, or at least the comments below to see if this exploit still works. Google developers often come up with patches for the exploits in future over the air updates.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Do not accept future OTA updates unless you hear official word its safe from bloggers or developers. You risk bricking the device. Instead, latch onto the official software update file and flash it manually.
- You can manually flash software updates through Samsung Kies or by using the Odin application made by Samsung. Kies will have some of the files pre-laoded, while Odin is the place to upload any official OTA file you find on the web from places such as Sam Mobile.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Settings > Developer Option > USB Debugging.
- Backup the smartphone by using the utility that’s built into the handset. Here you can back up the apps and other data.
- Search Google Play for some third-party applications if you want to use apps to back up the data.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery power before starting.
- Applying the steps below does 100% void the warranty and there’s no work-around for that. You must return the device back to stock Android and remove the root access for the warranty to work again.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the rooting file for SM-A5000 here .
- Download Odin 3.09 here .
- Boot the Galaxy A5 in Download Mode .
- Open the Odin app with administrator permissions.
- Right-click the Odin file and select run as administrator.
- Connect the Galaxy A 5 to the computer.
- Click the AP button from Odin
- Search for the rooting file you should have on the desktop.
- Do not tick the re-partition box.
- The F Reset Time and Auto reboot can stay on as if they are working.
- Search for the start button from the same screen.
- Click start when you are ready.
- Wait several minutes for the program to complete its work.
If your device is not rebooting into recovery mode you want to take out the battery pack and leave it for 15 seconds. Now insert the battery pack again and boot the device in Download Mode. Now you are entering the recovery mode.