Do you need a logo for your business or work? If you do, then you have multiple options. If you’re willing to pay, then you can commission a professional logo designer to design and create your logo. If you have some knowledge in graphic editing, then you can create your own. As for the latter, you will definitely need a reliable graphic editor like Adobe Illustrator. Now, what if you don’t have any?
Well, in that case, you can opt for an alternative. If you’re a Chrome user, then you can try “YouiDraw Logo Creator”. It’s a browser app with premium options for creating vector logos, html5 logos, icons, etc.
How to create a logo in Chrome
- In Chrome, download  and install “YouiDraw Logo Creator” from its official Chrome Web Store page.
- After installing the app, launch it from your Chrome app drawer. Type chrome://apps on your browser’s address bar then press “Enter”. Select the app and proceed to the next step.
- Once you’re on the YouiDraw Logo Creator online dashboard, select “Start from blank”.
- You will be prompted to sign in using your Facebook, Dropbox or Google account.
- After signing in, click “Start Now”.
- On the logo creator tab, take note of the tools and sections. There’s the File Menu, Canvas Workspace, Style Library, etc. You can hide the hints in the Tips section.
- To create a new logo, just go to the “File Menu” then click “New”.
- You’ll then be asked to choose whether to start from a blank canvas or a template. If you choose to start from a blank canvas, click “Start from blank”. If you choose to use a template, just click the “Use it” button under any of the templates available on the collections page.
- You should also specify the width and height of your logo. By default, your logo will be set in 800 x 600 pixels.
- On the logo creator tab, just edit the logo using the tools provided. If you’re using a template, just double-click on the text box to edit the default logo text. To move a text, just click and hold your mouse over the text box then drag it wherever you like.
- Once you’re finished editing your logo, go to the “File Menu” again and then choose “Save as”.
- Select a storage location for your logo. With YouiDraw Logo Creator, you can directly save your logo to Dropbox or Google Drive. You can also choose to download and save it to your computer.
- Enter the filename for your logo then click “Download”.
- That’s it. You will be able to download and save your logo as a raw project file in YLC (.ylc) format. You can open and edit your YLC file using YouiDraw Logo Creator.
- If you want to save your logo as a JPG or PNG file, click the “Export” button from the Top Function area.
- Choose the format and logo objects that you want to save and then click “Export” to confirm.
The downside to this app is that it restricts free users from downloading the logo without watermark. If you want to bypass this restriction, you can save the logo via screenshot.
If you don’t mind paying a bit for a high-resolution file, you can subscribe to its monthly plan for less than $10 a month. Paid users will also have the option to save their logos in SVG and PDF format.