The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge is the brand-spanking new phone under the Sammy name that comes with an edge down both sides and not just the one Edge that debuted last year. It is out now with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, and as long as you are rocking that firmware build under the hood, you can follow the easy steps below to gain root access on yours. Check out everything you need to do and know after the jump to make that happen.
- The Galaxy S6 Edge comes in a few different model numbers based on the phone carrier networks. This is only for the T-Mobile edition with the number SM-G925T. Failing to understand that can brick your device.
- You should be running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop to follow the guide. If you are reading this in future and on a different firmware version, we do not know if Google will patch this exploit.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Odin only works for Windows PC. Do not try and flash the file on Mac or Linux.
- Check the USB Debugging Mode is enabled so you don’t get fail messages from Odin.
– Settings > Developer Options > Enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers to the computer. Restart the computer after they are done installing for them to work.
- You are voiding the warranty by following the guide below.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE MODEL NUMBER G925T RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP
- Download the CF-Auto-Root pack from here .
- Download the Odin version you want from here .
- Use the desktop for the file locations when downloading.
- You must extract both files since they are zipped.
- Open the Odin file and run the program so it’s waiting on the computer.
- Power down the Edge S6 and boot in Download Mode: Power + Home + Volume Up keys.
- Connect the Edge with the computer via USB cable.
- Click the PDA button in Odin and upload the rooting tar.md5 file.
- Check the re-partition box is empty.
- Click the Start button and the flashing will begin.
- The Edge will reboot when it’s done and then you can unplug from the computer.