The official ClockworkMod 6 Recovery is available to download for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphones which are due to come out next month. CWM is the largest custom recovery image in the world and is only one of two custom recoveries to dominate the world. The other one being Team Win’s TWRP recovery, Well, if you are rocking root access and need the recovery image before you start flashing any custom ROM, you can do that by following the guide below.
- There are different model numbers of S6 Edge. Each number has a unique file that needs installing or else you risk bricking the device. Make sure you have the N915F model before following this guide.
- You must already have root access before coming here and starting the CWM guide. there’s no use trying to flash a custom ROM without root access first.
- You can be running any software version to follow this guide. Currently we are seeing Android 5.0 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Check your model number by navigating over to Settings > About Device > checking the number.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your Windows computer. Restart the Windows computer for the drivers to work properly.
- Check you have the USB debugging mode enabled from the Developer Options menu or else you cannot connect to the computer. Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
HOW TO FLASH THE OFFICIAL CLOCKWORKMOD 6 RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE N915F
1. Download the official CWM recovery file from here .
2. Download the Odin file from here .
3. Extract both packages to the desktop.
4. Now run the Odin app and leave it open.
5. Reboot your S6 Edge to Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home keys.
6. Connect the S6 Edge t the Windows computer with the USB cable.
7. Click the AP button and upload the CWM executable file from the extracted package on the desktop.
8. Click the start button and wait for the device to reboot.