People are accepting a new over the air update on their Samsung Galaxy E5 E500F’s that upgrades the OS to build number XXU1AOC1. The aforementioned build is another version of Android 4.4.4 KitKat, and by following the guide below we’ll show you how to root that.
- The Sammy Galaxy E5 comes in a few different variants. You want to follow this guide on the E500F model number only. The files are unique for each model number.
- You want to be running the XXU1AOC1 firmware build only. We do not know if this guide will be safe to use for future OTA updates with different build numbers, including the likes of any future Lollipop update.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Download the following files to the desktop of the computer:
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for Windows PC.
- Download the CF-Auto-root  package you need.
- Download the Odin file  you need.
Extract each file to the desktop so you can see the executable files inside. Now install the USB drivers and reboot the Windows PC for those same drivers to work.
After rebooting, double click the executable Odin file and launch the app so it’s open on the desktop. Now you are ready for the guide.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY E500F IN XXU1AOC1 ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E5 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button inside Odin and upload the Cf-root file from the other extracted file on the desktop.
- Check the re-partition box is empty.
- Check there is a tick in each of the Auto reboot and F reset Time boxes.
- Click the start button and wait.
- Now Odin will say pass when it’s done and your E5 phone will reboot itself.
Regain control of your phone and Google account after you unplug from the computer.
That’s it! You are now rooted and ready to start installing root-only applications from Google Play. If anything goes wrong you can access the recovery mode and take a factory reset. That will wipe your data unless you’ve backed up, though.