The second most popular custom recovery image in the world, TWRP recovery, is now available to download on the Samsung Galaxy S6. Follow the easy guide below to equip your smartphone with the recovery image using Odin.
- Do not follow this guide if you are rooted. It’s recommended that you instead install TWRP via the app.
- You should only flash the TWRP recovery file available in the post on the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone. Do not flash the same file on a different galaxy device, or any other device. they all require a unique file.
- It doesn’t matter what software or firmware version you are running to install this TWRP file.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our page. Scroll down the list until you get to Samsung. Now you must restart the computer before coming back and starting the guide. You can bookmark this page and come back to it easily.
- You need to have a Windows PC to use the Odin application.
- Flashing a custom recovery does void the warranty.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6
- Download the Zeroflt TWRP Recovery file here .
- Download our version of Odin 3.09 here .
- Use the desktop of the computer for downloading both of the above files.
- Now extract the files and you’ll have the executable files inside.
- Run the Odin program so it’s open on the computer desktop. We are coming back to it in a minute.
- Completely power down the S6 smartphone.
- Turn on the S6 in Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home keys on the smartphone.
- Keep the keys firmly held down until you see some white text and a yellow warning symbol beneath. At this time you want to press the Volume Up key. Now you are in the desired Download Mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 with the Windows PC via USB cable.
- Now the Odin app will detect your device if the USB drivers are working. (Use the link above if you forgot to the do that before starting).
- Click the AP button inside Odin and browse the desktop for the TWRP recovery file (You must unzip the file on the desktop first).
- Leave the default Settings in Odin such as Auto Reboot and F Reset Time.