Great news for avid Dropbox users! The online cloud storage service has officially announced its new Office Online integration. With this new feature, you can finally edit your Office Online files right within Dropbox. This, of course, includes your Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files.
To use this feature, just refer to the steps listed below.
How to edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files in Dropbox
- First, go to your Dropbox account. Log in using your username and password.
- After logging in, just view any Word, Excel or PowerPoint file. You’ll know the type of files that you can open and edit by simply looking at the file icon. You can also check the file extension. You will know if the document can be edited if it ends in .docx, .doc, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt or .pptx.
- While viewing the file, just click “Open”.
- If you’re using the feature for the first time, you will be asked to allow the Microsoft Office Online app to access your documents. Just click “Allow” to confirm.
- So that’s it. Your Word, Excel or PowerPoint file will be automatically loaded in the Office Online editor. You may then edit the document in any way that you want.
- After which, the changes that you’ve made to your document will be saved automatically so there’s no need to click “Save” or “Save As”.
- In addition, you may also choose to share your edited documents instantly via direct link or email.
It’s as simple as that.
If you want to learn more about this new Dropbox feature, just read this post.