The Moto G 2014 variant is arguably the best budget smartphone in the business. It makes for the perfect smartphone to tinker with the OS since it comes at a low price. You can’t get far in the modding scene unless you install a custom recovery image, though, which is why you’ll need to make the choice between Team Win’s TWRP Recovery or ClockworkMod Recovery.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must setup ADB on the Windows PC before you can use the toolkit. Titantools requires the connection between the ADB and the toolkit to work.
- Furthermore, you must have a Windows PC as the Titantools toolkit doesn’t work for a different OS and it won’t load directly to the Motorola smartphone.
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers  to the PC. Bookmark this page and reboot the PC after installing the drivers to get those drivers working. Now come back and finish the guide. You can ignore that if you wish, but if you are finding a problem, a simple reboot is likely the answer.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu: Settings > About Device > tap build number 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from inside the Developer Options: Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON MOTO G 2014
- Download the TitanTools 1.2.1  toolkit to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Motorola Moto G to the same computer you have the Titantools toolkit.
- Open the toolkit and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the guide.