Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T805 owners can check for a new OTA update, as a new Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update is rolling out now. The new build number coming along with it is XXU1BOCC and it will arrive for all owners with the T805 model number over the next few weeks.
Traditionally speaking, Android 5.0.2 comes with a smoother ROM experience, bug fixes for those suffering from bugs during the earlier build numbers and not many new features. Most smartphone carriers are not including any features list in their official changelogs — a far cry from what we noticed with Android KitKat when the third installment arrived. Anyway, if you have installed the latest XXU1BOCC firmware on yours, here’s how you can gain root access on that:
- Turn on your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and head to the Settings > About Device and check the model number is T805. If it reads a different bunch of letters and numbers, this is not the guide for you.
- The guide works for those running XXU1BOCC — a new version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. It will likely work for builds before that but we do not guarantee this same exploit works for future builds.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones. If the guide isn’t working for you, it’s best to reboot the Windows PC after installing the new drivers on it. Now try the guide again and you should find those drivers working and it solving most problems.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by first unlocking the Developer Options menu. After the Tab is turned on, hit up the Settings > About Device menu and tap the firmware build number seven times. It should count you down and unlock the new Dev menu.
- Now go back to the Settings > enter Developer Options > enable the USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 T805 ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP WITH BUILD NUMBER XXU1BOCC
- Download the Odin version here  direct to the Windows PC.
- Download the rooting tool here  to the same computer.
- Extract both packages to the desktop of the computer.
- Shut down the Galaxy tablet completely by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Boot the same galaxy tablet up again in Download Mode: Volume Down + Power + Home simultaneously.
- Run the Odin tool that’s now on the desktop so it’s open and ready.
- Connect the tablet to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button inside Odin and browse the desktop for the rooting file ending with tar.md5 after extraction.
- Now just click the Start button and wait for Odin to do it’s thing.