As many of you Android enthusiasts probably know, the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is now rolling out for the T-Mobile subscribers who own the Samsung Galaxy S6. This update is not thanks to a third-party developer via a custom ROM, but rather the real official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop you all have been waiting for months to install.
You need the T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and not a different model number assigned to a different phone carrier network. Furthermore, even if it’s unlocked and from other GSM networks like T-Mobile it still won’t work.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should install the Samsung USB Drivers  before attempting to install the file manually via Odin in case it doesn’t work. If you get a fail message or your device isn’t connecting to Odin, you know to install the USB Drivers we dropped in the link and to reboot the Windows PC to get those same drivers working.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options. Some of you might not see any Developer Options menu from the Settings so you need to unlock it before it shows up. You may do that by tapping over the build number seven times.
- Understand that you are not voiding any warranty by flashing official stock Android software update through Odin. While it’s true the same tool can be used for rooting guides and installing unofficial ROMs, that’s not the case today. It all depends on what you are flashing.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 WITH ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Hit the Sam Mobile link here  and download the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G920TUVU2COF6 software update to the desktop of your Windows PC.
- Download the Odin file here .
- Extract both links to the desktop so you can use the executable files inside. That’s the files ending with .exe.
- Turn off the Galaxy S6 properly by holding Power for 10+ seconds.
- Boot it up once again, but this time entering Download Mode with the dedicated button sequence: Home + Power + Volume Down.
- It will direct you to a new screen with a warning triangle on it. press the Volume Up this time and you’ll eventually find your S6 in the desired Download Mode.
- Connect the S6 to the Windows PC where you have the files.
- Click the Odin app and click the AP button inside the Odin app.
- Browse the desktop for the G920TUVU2COF6 SamMobile firmware file and wait for it to load.
- There’s no need to press any other buttons. Leave the default buttons include the Auto reboot switch left on.
- Click the Start button when you are ready to start the firmware flashing and it will flash on your S6 device.
- Wait until the Odin tool says ‘pass” on the display and your Galaxy S6 reboots automatically.
Now you are ready to unplug the handset from the Windows computer and use the new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software update.