The Life’s Good company makes some stunning smartphones, but they make life difficult for those wishing to keep root access to their software update. The latest installment of Android 5.1 Lollipop with the build number LS990ZVA has patched the earlier exploit yet again. Thanks to some handy third-party developer work, we now have a working root method with which we can exploit to start thinking about installing custom ROMs again.
- Use the guide on the Sprint variant of the LG G3 only.
- We cannot be sure this guide works on software update after LS990ZVA Android 5.1 Lollipop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the LG USB Drivers direct to the computer you are using during the guide.
- Revoke any changes you might have made to any system apps. Doing so minimizes the risk of getting stuck in a boot loop.
- Backup the data using any number of apps from Google Play and factory reset your device before continuing. You don’t have to take the reset option, but doing so increases your chances of rooting related problems for this method.
HOW TO ROOT THE SPRINT LG G3 ON ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP LS990ZVA FIRMWARE
- Download Avicohh’s tool from here  directly to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Extract the contents of the package by right-clicking the file and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Now you’ll see the executable program in the unzipped file.
- run the rooting tool on the computer.
- Connect the LG G3 to the desktop with the USB cable you already know from charging.
Need a custom recovery to go with that? No worries. Download TWRP recovery here . Install the APk as you would any other file. Open it up from the app drawer and you’ll see how to install TWRP Recovery from inside.