A few different variants of the Samsung Galaxy S5 series are getting updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. If you own the model number A500F and want to root that same software update that comes with build number XXU1BOF5, you can get that done after the jump.
- Have the latest version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with firmware build XXU1BOF5.
- Check you are using the A500F variant from the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers so you don’t have any connection worries.
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu. Doing that is easy enough: head to Settings > About Device and look for the firmware build number. Tap your finger over it seven times or until you see it telling you the Developer Options menu is unlocked.
- Now that you have the menu unlocked, go back to the Settings and open the Developer Options. Enable the USB Debugging Mode inside.
- You are voiding the warranty and tripping Knox by following the guide.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 A500F RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP
- Download the specific rooting file you need for your A5 here .
- Download the Odin flashing tool for Samsung devices here .
- Extract both packages on the desktop of your Windows computer.
- Run the Odin tool and leave it open.
- Power down the A5 handset now by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Boot it up in the Download Mode .
- You should see some new text on the display and a warning symbol. Release the three buttons now and only press the Volume Up button.
- Now you should find your device is in the Download Mode and ready to connect to the computer. Connect it now.
- Click the AP button and upload the rooting file from the desktop.
- Leave Odin’s default Settings, making sure the re-partition box is not checked.
- Click the Start button and the rooting will now take place.
You will eventually get the “pass” message on the display of Odin and that’s when you are free to disconnect the handset from the computer.