It’s easy to tell yourself that you’ll read a book but the actual challenge there is if you can actually manage to finish reading one. You see, reading a book takes time. If you have a busy schedule, then you need to manage your time well or else, you’ll end up with a pile of unread books.
Speaking of which, it’s actually pretty easy to find out the average time that it will take for you to finish reading a particular book. This way, you’ll know beforehand if you can finish a book within a day, week or even a month.
How to find out how long it takes to finish reading a particular book
- Open your web browser of choice. You’re free to use Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera, etc.
- Next, click here  to go to the homepage of “How Long to Read”. It’s a free web-based tool that lets you find out the average time for you to finish reading a particular book.
- On the How Long to Read homepage, enter the title of the book that you want to read and then click “Search”.
- On the book results list, select the book that you want based on its author, number of words, number of pages, etc.
- On the next page, the web tool will tell you the time that it will take for an average reader to finish reading the book. To find out how long it will take for you to finish reading the book, simply click the “Start Reading Speed Timer” button on the right and then read the given paragraph just like you would when reading any book. Try to read at your usual pace and avoid speed reading or else, it will affect the results.
- Once you’re done reading the given paragraph, click the timer again to stop it. By then, a dialog will appear and it will tell you the average time that it will take you to finish reading that particular book (ex. 2 hours, 11 hours and 30 minutes, etc.).
That’s it. You’re done.