The Bluboo X550 broke the record books for becoming the first smartphone running Android Lollipop out of the box with a giant 5300 mAh battery. You are able to tweak that battery performance even more with root access to help keep your handset working all day long. Here’s how it’s done:
- You must only use this guide on the Blueboo X550.
- You should be running Android 5.1 Lollipop or under when following this guide. The method below might not be compatible with future ‘Android M’ software.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Understand you are voiding the warranty using the guide below.
- You don’t need a computer for the guide. However, if the app doesn’t work for you, it’s advised that you give the desktop version a try. We recommend installing the USB drivers if you use the desktop version.
HOW TO ROOT THE BLUBOO X550 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
1. Download the Kingroot application directly to the smartphone here .
2. Open the app on the Blueboo after it finishes downloading.
3. Look for one of the following options on the main screen: “Try Root” or “Start Root”. Click the option that’s presented to you, and it will confirm your device is supported by the tool.
4. Now watch the progress bar circle around the display until it finishes the job.
5. Reboot the Blueboo by hand yourself after the Kingroot app finishes and confirm it worked by downloading the root checker app from Google Play.
The Kingroot tool comes in an app version and a desktop version. If the app version doesn’t work for you, try installing the desktop version and try finding a rooting method that way. The Kingroot tool will browse through it’s own cloud service and search for a working rooting method for your device.
Moreover, should you want to return the Blueboo back to stock Android the same way it was before you followed the guide, you can learn how to unroot the Blueboo X550 .