Sometimes people fear buying a unique device because they don’t know if it will have a working root method available. Those pondering the same question who own the Alcatel One Touch idol 3 need not fear, a working root method is here! What’s more, you also have a custom recovery available which means you can flash custom ROMs too.
- You must unlock the bootloader before starting this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should have already followed our guide for how to install a custom recovery on the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 before coming here and using the guide below for rooting.
- You will need a working Windows PC to download a file. In addition to the PC, you’ll need a working USB cable. Preferably the one out of the box.
HOW TO ROOT THE ALCATEL ONE TOUCH IDOL 3
- Download the rooting file from here to the desktop.
- Transfer the rooting file to the SD card.
- Reboot your device into the custom recovery mode. You can use a Google Play Store application if you don’t know the button sequence for that.
- You should now be ins the desired recovery mode.
- Click the “Install’ option from the recovery menu.
- Browse the internal SD card for the rooting file. Remember, this file should still be zipped or else it won’t work. That means zipped from the original computer transfer until now.
- Now just head back to the main recovery menu and choose to reboot the system now.
After the smartphone reboots, you’ll have the root access you wanted. Use the same custom recovery and installation method to upload custom ROM zip files.