We now know the name of the next OS version of Android will be marshmallow, but that software won’t be installed on many Samsung devices for quite some time. Most devices will keep running Lollipop. If you are still running Android 5.0 Lollipop and would like to learn how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running the same, you can find out how easily after the drop.
- The guide is made specifically for the N900 variant. Do not attempt to follow this guide on a different device. It won’t work and you might brick it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our page. Scroll down the page until you get to Samsung.
- You will trip Knox and void the warranty by following the guide.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu and then enter it from the Settings to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Unlocking is done by tapping over the build number seven times. You’ll find that build number from the About Device menu.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 N900 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download Odin to your PC from this link  and unzip the file. Open it up and run the Odin tool. Leave it waiting on the desktop.
- Download the rooting file you need here . Also unzip it on the desktop of the computer.
- Download the SuperSU file you need here . Leave it zipped on the desktop.
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery file here  (on the desktop).
- Now completely power off the Samsung phablet by long-pressing the power key for ten seconds.
- Reboot it by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power keys.
- Connect the phablet to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button inside Odin and browse the desktop of the rooting file.
- Click the Start button and wait for the rooting process to complete.
- Now click the AP button once again, only this time browse the desktop of the CWM file.
- Click start and wait for the flashing to finish.
- Once done successfully, you’ll have the root access with a custom recovery installed. Now we must enter that recovery mode and flash the SuperSU.
- Transfer the SuperSU package from the desktop to the phone’s internal storage SD card.
- Completely power off the phablet by long-pressing the power key for 10+ seconds.
- Reboot it holding the Volume Up + Home + Power keys and you’ll get into the custom recovery mode.
- Choose to “install from zip” from the menu and browse for the SuperSU package.
Now choose the reboot option from the main recovery menu and you’re all done.