The new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is now rolling out for the OnePlus One smartphone. As long as you’ve updated to the same, you can gain root access to it by following the guide after the jump.
- You need to have the bootloader unlocked before following this guide. You can get that done by downloading and installing the OnePlus toolkit . Additionally, you will find the TWRP recovery available from the toolkit.
- You must have the custom recovery installed. It doesn’t need to be TWRP. You can choose from Philz Touch, ClockworkMod, TWRP, or even SafeStrap.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the OnePlus toolkit to install the OnePlus USB Drivers. Some users are reporting the toolkit coming up as a virus. There are no reports of there being anything malicious inside.
- You will void the warranty following this guide. If you want to send it away for free repairs, do not follow this guide. Moreover, we are not responsible for any damages or bricked devices.
- You must have a Windows PC to use this guide.You’ll need to learn how to enter the custom recovery mode on your device. The button combination varies between manufacturer’s. Samsung owners must press Power + Home + Volume up. Motorola owners must press Power + Volume down. HTC devices must press Power + Volume down. Sony and LG devices are more complex and should be researched properly before starting.
HOW TO ROOT THE ONEPLUS ONE RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
2. Transfer the SuperSU package from the Windows computer to the internal storage SD card. Make sure it’s in the root folder and not in any sub folder.
3. Unplug the handset from the computer and completely shut it off.
4. Reboot it now into the custom recovery mode of your choice.
5. Choose “install” from the main menu and browse the SD card for the SuperSU package.
6. Confirm to install the SuperSU and wait until it’s complete.
7. Navigate back to the main recovery menu and select the reboot system now option.
That should do the trick!