If you aren’t going all-out with one of the Sammy flagships, you might as well check out something similar to the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. These smartphones come with an up to date OS with Android 5.1 Lollipop, decent specs, and third-party developers look after it with root access and at least one or two custom ROMs to check out.
Read the guide below to learn how to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand prime on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and any earlier software update.
- You must install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime  before getting the root access.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging mode. You can point to the Settings > Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging mode from there.
- You do void the warranty if you follow the guide below. You’ll need to research what it takes to get that warranty working again, since Samsung devices can come with added Knox security.
- The guide will work for all Grand Prime devices running software updates ranging from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and will likely continue to work for Android 5.1 Lollipop when it arrives.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SM-G530H
- Download the SuperSU you need from here .
- Connect the smartphone to the computer where you downloaded the SuperSU and transfer the SuperSU to the SD card internal storage on the device.
- Completely switch off your device by holding the Power key in for ten seconds.
- Reboot the Galaxy Grand Prime in the custom recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power keys.
- Navigate to the “Install” option from the recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU package you transferred earlier.
- Install the SuperSU file and then navigate back to the main custom recovery menu where you should choose the reboot system option.
Now once your device reboots, you’ll have a custom recovery installed and root access. The custom world is your oyster.
[Source: Tech Chomps ]