Unbricking a mobile smartphone or tablet for any Android is often the same process as unrooting. If you have already partaken in all of the standard troubleshooting techniques such as entering the recovery mode, wiping the date and applying a factory reset, you might need to go the whole nine yards by flashing a stock ROM. The stock ROM is the same ROM that comes with your device. Using the guide below, we are learning how to unbrick Redmi 2 by flashing the stock ROM back on the device. Having a new stock ROM not only is how to unbrick Redmi 2, but it should also make your warranty work again. Unbricking Android isn’t just for those with root access either; you might have bugs in the current stock ROM and you want to flash a new ROM to try solving the problem. It doesn’t really matter what reason you have for wanting to unbrick Redmi 2, the guide after the drop should work a treat for you. Here’s everything you need to know for unbricking the Redmi 2 smartphone by Xiaomi.
- The following guide that teaches you how to unbrick Redmi 2 is strictly made for the Redmi 2. The firmware we are flashing is not to be flashed on nay other device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have a Windows PC to follow this guide. The tools don’t work on any other operating system like Mac OS X or Linux. Anything ranging from Windows XP through to Windows 10 should work fine with the exception of Microsoft Surface tablets running a modified version of Windows 8 like the Windows RT.
- Head to the Apps > Settings > Developer Options and check the USB Debugging Mode is already enabled. It should be on by default; however, sometimes people have disabled the option in the past. You cannot connect the Redmi 2 to the Windows computer without the USB Debugging working.
HOW TO UNBRICK THE REDMI 2
- Download the Mitool Flashing  tool.
- Download the ROM Fastboot Redmi 2  package.
- Extract (unzip) both folders to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Open the MIflash Tool.
- Click the browse button from within the MIFlash tool.
- Select Advanced from the menu.
- Apply the following options in the appropriate fields:
- Fastboot Script — flash_all.bat
NvBoot Script — leave it empty
Flash programmer — MPRG8916.mbn
Boot Image — 8916_msimage.mbn
RAW XML File — rawprogram0.xml
Patch XML File — patch0.xml
- Click the OK button to close the box.
- Connect the Redmi 2 to the same computer where you have just been working with the MIFlash tool.
- Press the Volume Down + Power button on the Redmi 2 at the same time and wait for the software to pick up your device.
- If you don’t have any luck getting the Redmi 2 to connect, click the Refresh button on the MIFlash tool and try again.
- Once you are happy it’s connected, click the Flash button and wait for the flashing to complete.
- Remove the battery after the flashing is finished.
- Connect the battery and reboot your device. You should now have successfully unbricked the Redmi2 smartphone by flashing a new firmware.