These instructions teach you how to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. The TWRP recovery is the only custom recovery currently available for the Plus variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Once you know how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, you are able to then get a custom ROM installed on your device. Many Android devices need a custom recovery before they can get root access by flashing the SuperSU. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus doesn’t get root without a custom kernel that is flashed through Odin. However, future rooting guides might make the custom recovery more useful for rooting. Apart from installing custom ROMs, the custom recovery is great for taking backups. Inside you will find the option to take a NANDroid backup that is like taking a snapshot of your current ROM. There is little to no fuss with taking NANDroid backups. So, if that sounds cool to you, here’s how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.
- Only follow the guide if you own the Plus variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our page. If that doesn’t work you can install the universal driver made by Koush.
- Understand that any remaining warranty on your device is revoked by following this guide. You can make it work again by returning back to the stock recovery.
- You will need the USB Debugging Mode enabled since you are connected to the Windows PC. Head to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging to enable that option.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE PLUS
- Download the TWRP recovery file from here .
- Download the Odin 3.10 from here .
- Unzip the Odin app you are using to flash the custom recovery.
- Double-click and run Odin after you unzip its file.
- Unzip the TWRP recovery file so you can see the .img file in the folder. Click and drag that TWRP .img file over to the desktop.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus is completely powered down by pressing the Power key for 10 seconds.
- Reboot the Samsung Edge Plus in download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons and holding them in until the screen changes to a warning message.
- Release the three buttons and press the Volume Up button only. You should now find your Galaxy S6 Edge Plus in the download mode and ready to connect to the computer.
- Find the USB cable you usually use for charging and connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to the computer.
- The Odin ID: COM port should now change color if your driver is working well.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the TWRP .img file you dragged there earlier.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that custom recovery file on your device.
You’ll know it’s done when Odin gives you the ‘pass’ message on the display.