These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3. You can follow this guide to install a custom recovery on your device. Once you have that custom recovery installed, you can access it to install zip files. It’s that zip file capability that lets us install the SuperSU file. Once that SuperSU file is loaded, we then have root access. All you need to do from there is to reboot the system and you’re done. Since the guide gives you links and direct steps to installing a custom recovery and getting root access, you are able to do anything you want after you leave. You can search for any custom ROMs that are available for the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3, or you can just head directly to the Google Play Store for those root-requiring apps. The choice is yours. All you need to do first is learning how to root Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3.
- You must install a custom recovery on the device first. See here: How to install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 . We only have the guide for TWRP recovery at the moment, but if you are reading this in the future, you can have any custom recovery installed and continue.
- You should only use this guide on the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 and not the first or second generation handsets under the same Xcover name.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones.
- You lose any warranty you did have on your device once you complete the guide. You can instal la stock ROM and stock recovery again and the warranty will work. Until then there’s no sending it away for free
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY XCOVER 3
- Download the SuperSU you need from this page .
- Download the SuperSU on the computer. It should end up just above your taskbar and the downloads folder.
- Click the right side of the file above the taskbar and choose to ‘show in folder’. Now drag and drop the SuperSU on the desktop.
- If that was too hard for you, head to the downloads folder and you’ll find the SuperSU in there. Now just drag and drop it to the desktop like you would any other folder.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the SuperSU file from the computer to the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3’s internal SD card.
- Once you know it’s definitely on the SD card, you can disconnect it from the computer.
- Long-press the Power button so you know it’s completely off.
- Reboot it up in the custom recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until the screen changes and you can see a warning screen.
- Release the three buttons now and just press the option for entering the recovery on the display.
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery, click the install button.
- Now choose to install from SD card.
- Browse the SD card for the SuperSU file you transferred there earlier.