The following guide shows you how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei MediaPad X2. Once you have installed the custom recovery on your MediaPad device, you can upload zip files. Those zip files are the key to you installing a custom ROM if you want to change the ROM away from the stock ROM. Likewise, the zip files are how you can get root access if your rooting method allows installing SuperSU through a custom recovery. You’ll need to research how to root the Huawei MediaPad X2 before knowing if that option is available for you. There are often more than one way to get root access on Android devices, so if you cannot load SuperSu through a custom recovery today, that method with an updated version of SuperSU might come out for your device later.
What we can do from a custom recovery environment is always the same. You can take a NANDroid backup, backup all partitions with a more advanced backup, install a custom ROM, install SuperSU, wipe the data, wipe the cache, take a factory reset, mount, restore, reboot the system and access some additional advanced settings. However, where the difference lies is in the delivery.
Many of you might have already entered the recovery mode on an Android device to take a factory reset. That stock recovery mode is always accessed by using the Volume keys and the Power key. The exact buttons differ between devices, but the general rule of thumb remains the same: navigate with a Volume key and confirm commands with the Power key. With TWRP recovery, we no longer use the Volume and Power keys for our navigation. TWRP recovery comes with a touch-based user interface where we have the buttons available on the smartphone, phablet or tablet display. Here’s how to install TWRP recovery on Huawei MediaPad X2.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HUAWEI MEDIAPAD X2
- Download Android SDK from the official Android developers page from this link .
- Learn everything you need to know about settings up ADB and Fastboot using a Windows PC from this link .
- Download the TWRP recovery from this link: RECOVERY_HW.img .
- Completely power down the Huawei MediaPad X2 by holding the Power key down.
- Reboot the mobile device to bootloader mode by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys for several seconds until you see text on the display.
- Open the same folder where you have downloaded ADB and Fastboot on the PC.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click an empty area within that same folder.
- Choose to open the command window here from the new menu you should see on the PCs display.
- Type the following command in the command prompt window: ‘fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY_HW.img’.
- If you changed the name of the recovery file, you need to change the code in the command prompt to match the file name.
- The TWRP recovery should now flash on your device.
Now that you have the custom recovery installed, you can anytime access that recovery by using the same hardware key combination that you would use to access the stock recovery on your device.