These are the guidelines to unroot Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H. Given that this is not a device that runs Samsung’s Knox security, you can unroot using the guide we have below and find your warranty working again. That means sending it away for the same free repairs you could have done before you decided to root the handset. Of course, you will need to have had a warranty to begin with for that to be the case.
- The following is designed for the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos handset that comes with the model number SM-G355H. You can find that information out by heading to the Settings > About Device and looking at where it says the model number. Those with a different model number to the one I mentioned cannot follow this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from Samsung’s official driver link found by scrolling down this page.
- Have the Developer Options enabled and the USB Debugging Mode enabled. You do that by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging Mode. Those who need the Developer Options to access the USB Debugging Mode option can do that now by heading to the Settings > About Device menu and taping over the build number until it says you are not a developer.
- If the following guide doesn’t work for you, we suggest downloading another version of Odin. The Odin app comes in various versions, none of which come with an official changelog since the Odin flashing tool was never official released by Samsung. It was rumored to be leaked and that’s how all of us amazing people are using the unofficial flashing tool.
HOW TO UNROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY CORE 2 DUOS SM-G355H
- Download the official firmware file for the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H from Sam Mobile here.
- Download the Odin 3.09 flashing tool for your Windows notebook, laptop or desktop PC from here.
- Download both file files from the links above and move them over to the desktop.
- Right-click over each of the files and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- You should now see the files you can use on the desktop. Double-click the Odin file and run the program on the computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H in download mode.
- Now that your device is in the download mode, connect it to the same computer where you have Odin and the firmware waiting.
- The ID: COM port within Odin should let you know the device is detected by changing color. If you don’t see that, you should download the drivers again or reboot the computer.
- Now click the PDA/AP button in Odin and browse your computer for that firmware file. If you did shift the firmware to the desktop, then you ought to browse the desktop and there you will find the file.
- Click the Start button and the Odin tool will now flash that file on your device, removing the root access you had before.