These are the instructions to unroot Moto X Play XT1562 smartphone. The same guide will take you back to using a stock ROM, which means having the device the same way it was out of the box. It’s also handy if you want to unbrick Moto X Play XT1562, since restoring a stock ROM is usually the way to fix that.
- The following guide is made only for the Motorola Moto X Play smartphone. More specifically, you can only follow this guide for the XT1562 model number. Those with the other model number (XT1563) must follow a different guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Motorola USB Drivers from the Motorola website. You can find the link on this page  by scrolling down the page until you see the Motorola name. Alternatively, you may head to the Motorola website and get those yourself.
- You did void the manufacturers warranty when you decided to root the device. With that being said, you will have that warranty working perfectly once you complete this unrooting guide. There is no additional security on these devices to stop the warranty from returning.
- You must have a Windows computer to complete this guide due to the command prompt, USB drivers and Fastboot files. On that note, you want to enable the USB Debugging Mode by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. Just check that box so that it is no longer empty.
HOW TO UNROOT MOTOROLA MOTO X PLAY XT1562
1. Download the Motorola Moto X Play XT1562 stock ROM from here .
2. Download the Fastboot file you need from here  (thanks Mahesh).
3. Move both files over to the desktop of the computer.
4. Right-click over those files one at a time and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
5. Nice job; now that you have both files extracted, you can use them.
6. Reboot the Moto X Play in bootloader mode: press Volume Down + Power keys at the same time and keep pressing them for a few seconds.
7. Connect the Moto X Play to the computer with the USB cable.
8. From the desktop, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse. You should get a new menu on your computer where you can select the ‘open new command window here’.
9. You must enter a string of commands one at a time and press the enter key in between each line.
fastboot oem lock begin
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot oem lock
10. Now reboot your device by typing one last command:
That’s all you need to unroot Moto X Play XT1562 smartphones.