The Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image is now out for the Google Nexus 9 LTE device. The new build number for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software update is MRA58N. You can update Google Nexus 9 LTE to Android 6.0 Lollipop MRA58N after the jump.
- The following step-by-step guide is only intended for the LTE variant of the Google Nexus 9 device. Should you accidentally follow this guide on a different device, it can brick it.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Understand that those of you with root access will have that root access revoked by applying these steps during the guide. You should have no worries getting a new working rooting method since the Google Nexus devices are some of the most popular device out there to root. With that being said, they also have earlier exploits frequently patches so make sure you are using the right guide.
- You should probably download the Google USB Drivers  on your computer just to make sure you don’t have any connections troubles during the guide.
- You do not need to worry about the battery levels as the USB charging feature will automatically be charging your device after you connect to the computer.
- Check that the USB Debugging Mode is already enabled so you don’t run into any hassles during the guide. Do that now by navigating to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > Check the box for the USB Debugging Mode if it is not already checked.
- The people who do not see any Developer Options menu from the Settings must unlock that menu. Doing so isn’t too difficult: head to the Settings > About Device > tap the build number until it says you are now a developer. That’s Android’s way of letting you know the Developer Options are now available from the Settings menu. That’s the same settings menu you passed through to get here.
HOW TO UPDATE GOOGLE NEXUS 9 TO ANDROID 6.0 MRA 58N LOLLIPOP FACTORY IMAGE
- Download the Android SDK from here .
- Installing the Android SDK and open the SDK Manager.
- Using the SDK manager, install all the drivers and packages you need that are within the Manager folder.
- Now look for the platform-tools folder from within the Android SDK and shift the extracted Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image to that folder. Get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow from here .
- Remember to extract the file first by right-clicking over the file and selecting the ‘extract here’ option from the menu. Now shift all of the extracted contents over to the platform-tools folder.
- Reboot the Google Nexus 9 in Fastboot mode.
- Once your device is in the Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer using the USB cable.
- Launch the flash-all.bat file found in the platform-tools folder.
- That program will now run on your computer and automatically install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow factory image on your Google Nexus 9 device. Do not touch any buttons or keys on the keyboard until it is complete.
- You know the process is complete when your device automatically reboots.
- Once you see the optimizing apps screen, you can disconnect the device from the computer and start enjoying your new factory image.