These are the instructions how to enter fastboot mode on Google Nexus 9 tablets. The fastboot mode is a universal mode for all Google Nexus devices. That means each device from the Google Nexus range comes with this same mode. The fastboot mode is sometimes referred to as the bootloader mode. It would be better if we just used one name so people didn’t get confused, but that’s the way it is. The word fastboot is often more popular to use, but it causes the most confusions because people also know fastboot as a file they can download and not just a mode on a device. The fastboot and bootloader mode is important for your Nexus 9 since it is responsible for unlocking your bootloader, installing new updates via recovery mode and checking other important device information like its locked status.
- The following guide is made only for the Google Nexus 9. While you might find the same steps working for other tablets running Android operating system, we cannot be sure is suits the device that’s in your hands since we cannot see it. It’s for that reason we only advise you follow this guide on the Google Nexus 9 and sought after a unique guide for your device if it is not a Google Nexus 9 tablet.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Booting the tablet in the fastboot mode is an official operating brought to you by Google and your manufacturer. As such, you are not voiding any warranty by completing these steps.
- Likewise, You can use the guide below for rooted and unrooted Google Nexus 9 tablets.
- Furthermore, fastboot and bootloader mode works just the same if you have a stock ROM or a custom ROM working on your device. Even though the bootloader mode is an official operation, it still is able to be booted in this bootloader mode.
- You should backup the device data before entering the mode if you are applying updates, entering recovery or unlocking the bootloader. Unlocking the devices bootloader does wipe all data on the device.
HOW TO BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE ON GOOGLE NEXUS 9 TABLETS
- Start by turning the Google-based tablet completely off. Do that by holding in the Power key until it eventually turns off. Alternatively, just press the Power key once and then choose the “Switch Off” button on the devices display.
- Once the tablet is off, reboot it by holding the Power + Volume Up + Home.
- Keep holding the same three keys until you can see the fastboot/bootloader mode screen on the device.
- Look out for the Start option in the top right corner of the tablets display.
- Once you select that same Start button, you can then go on to select the recovery, wipe data, use adb commands and clear the system.
- If you landed on this page because you were directed here from another source, you should go back to that source and finish using the guide you started. You can bookmark this page and come back to it if you need it again later.