The LG V10 is a new smartphone in LG’s range and comes with a new manual mode for video. The manual mode feature is the first of its kind on any smartphone and is the V10’s claim to fame. Overall, the new V10 has gotten great reviews, with an average user rating in the 9’s. It goes without saying that if you are investing in such an unparalleled device, you will want to know how to enter recovery mode on LG V10 and effectively recover the device if ever a time arises where you need to do so.
There are a few ways one can get access to the recovery mode on the LG V10 smartphone; we’ll show you the easiest method involving the hardware keys first. The other two methods involve using an application from the Google Play Store and using ADB commands. Both of those additional options are not available for everyone. You must have root access on the LG V10  before you can use apps like the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store. Furthermore, the ADB option is only for advanced Android users otherwise you’ll struggle comprehending what to do.
HOW TO ENTER RECOVERY MODE ON LG V10
Using the hardware keys:
- Completely power down the device by holding in the Power button until the device switches off. Otherwise, you can quick-press the Power button and select the ‘Switch Off’ option from the list.
- With the device completely off, press and hold the Power and Volume Down button until you can see the recovery mode displayed on the device’s screen.
- Alternatively, press the Power and Volume Down buttons down until you see the LG logo on the devices display and then release the two buttons. Now press the button again in quick succession and your device should boot into the recovery mode.
Using an application from the Google Play Store (root required):
- Open the Google Play Store application directly on your LG V10 smartphone.
- Log in to your Google account so you can download or purchase apps.
- Search for the Quick Boot app.
- Continue to agree to download that same Quick Boot app and eventually it will be ready in your app drawer where you usually open your apps.
- Tap and open the Quick Boot app once it’s finished downloading.
- Choose the recovery option from the apps menu.
Using the ADB on your computer:
- Use our excellent detailed guide on settings up ADB and fastboot on Windows  computers.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open the Android SDK folder on your computer.
- From within that same Android SDK folder, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse on a blank space where there is no file and all you can see is the white background.
- You should get a new menu on your computer. Choose to “open a new command window here” from that new menu.
- Type your command in that command prompt window: “adb reboot recovery” and press Enter.
- The LG V10 will now reboot in recovery mode.