- The following guide is made for the International variant of the LG G Flex 2 with model number H995 only. Following this guide on one of the other model numbers won’t work and could brick your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that by following this guide you are voiding the warranty of that device. Unrooting the G Flex 2 should get that warranty working again without too much trouble. However, you’ll need to look into your device specifically to see if that is the case.
- Download the USB Drivers for the LG brand from our USB drivers page . If the LG drivers don’t work, you might want to install the ADB driver found in the same page as part of the ClockworkMod package.
- Make sire you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT LG G FLEX 2 INTERNATIONAL H995 ON ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooted image from here .
- Download the LG Root tool from here .
- Extract both of the files on the desktop of the computer. Do that by transferring them to the desktop and then right-clicking over each of the files and choosing the “extract here” option.
- Connect your LG G Flex 2 smartphone to the same computer where you have the files. Do that with the USB cable.
- Copy the rootedsystem.image to the devices internal SD card storage and make sure it’s the root of the SD card.
- Turn off the smartphone by long-pressing the Power key until you know it’s off and not just sleeping.
- Hold the Volume Up key and connect it to the computer at the same time.
- Double-click over the ports.bat file and check the COM port number of your device. You’ll need to know that during the guide.
- From the computer’s desktop, hold the Shift key and right-click the mouse.
- Choose to open a new command window here from that new menu you should see pop up on the display of the computer.
- Type the command:
– type the number of your COM port at the end where it says COM.
- Type the second command: id
- Type the third command:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=8192 skip=53248 count=458752 of=/data/media/0/system.img
- Type the fourth command to finish the root access:
dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=53248 count=458752 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
- And type the last command to make like a branch:
Good job; you all have just learnt how to root LG G Flex 2 International (H995) on Androids 5.1 Lollipop.