If you root Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 smartphones on Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can then go on to install the ROM Toolbox. Everyone needs the ROM Toolbox. To install it on your device, just follow the guide below.
- The rooting tool is made for Android 5.0 Lollipop and firmware build LRX21V.N9005XXUGBOA5. You must downgrade your OS and run that firmware version if you don’t want to risk bricking your device.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE only. It must have the model number SM-N9005. You can check that model number by navigating to the Menu > Settings > About Device and checking the model number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your computer and Mobile phones. You might also like to check out the ADB drivers from ClockworkMod instead of using the Samsung drivers.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled before using the guide. You sometimes need to have the Developer Options menu unlocked before you can find the Developer Options. If you do not see any Developer Options menu from the Settings, that includes you. To unlock it, head over to the Menu > Settings > About Device and tap the build number 7 or 8 times.
- Now that the Developer Options menu is unlocked for everybody, you all should head to the Settings > Developer Options > check the box for the USB Debugging Mode.
- You must have the bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide. We do not teach you how to unlock the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bootloader during the guide. However, you will find other resources for that online and from the Chainfire website.
- You are voiding the warranty by following this guide. Most flagship devices come with Samsung’s Knox security and Knox security stops you from being able to get the warranty working again once tripped. You’ll need to research whether or not Knox security was around when the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 came out.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 LTE SM-N9005 ON ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooting file you need from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Right-click and extract the files to the desktop of your computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE device and reboot it in the download mode.
- Once you know the Note 3 is in the download mode, connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to light up yellow or blue and click the PDA or AP button.
- Browse the desktop for the rooting file you extracted earlier.
- Leave the Odin default settings as they are and then click the Start button.
- The Odin flashing tool will now take over your device and flash it with the rooting exploit.
- Soon the Odin user-interface will show the pass message from the message box and your device will reboot.
- If your device does not reboot automatically, you should reboot it manually by yourself.
- Once rebooted, you can unplug from the computer and start using your applications.
You can find the rooted applications available from the Google Play Store or by going to other developers websites. Just be sure to download the APKs from the real developers website and not any fake sites with malware. Now that your device has root access it is more vulnerable to the malware.