These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Once you complete this guide, you can install all the apps from the Google Play Store that you wouldn’t install before. There are many apps worth mentioning, but one we recommend you install today is the Link2SD app. Once you install the Link2SD app, you can easily transfer apps over to the SD card with little fuss.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy S5 with the model number SM-G900H only. You cannot root any other model number using the file found in this guide or you will get stuck in a boot loop/soft brick the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have unlocked the Samsung Galaxy S5 bootloader before you can follow this guide. You can Google how to unlock Samsung bootloader or visit Chainfire’s website for more information.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for your Windows computer from our USB drivers page.
- You do void the warranty by following this guide. You cannot get the warranty working again if your device has Samsung’s Knox security. Since this is the flagship from Samsung last year, we can tell you that it does have that Knox security.
- You can unroot the device even though it comes with Samsung’s Knox security. Likewise, you can find people to help fix any problems. It just means you won’t be sending it away for free repairs.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SM-G900H RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool from this link.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Once you have both files on the desktop of your computer, right-click over the files and choose the option that says “extract here”.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 in the download mode.
- To do that, reboot by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time and don’t let go until the screen changes.
- Eventually you should see some yellow text and a yellow warning triangle.
- Read the screen and it will tell you to press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Now that your Samsung Galaxy S5 is in the download mode, connect out the computer using the USB cable.
- The ID: COM port will change color if your Samsung drivers are working.
- You may want to check out the Link2SD app from the Google Play Store to get things started.
Returning back to your stock ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 is what you can do if you unroot the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H smartphone. However, once you unroot the device, you cannot install the great apps like the Link2SD application.