You can return your Samsung Galaxy S5 device back to the stock ROM by following this guide to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H smartphones. Once you do that, your device will be the same way it was before you decided to root it with Chainfire’s CF-Root tool — or any other rooting method you might have used. Here’;s how to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones with the model number H900H.
- The following guide only unroots the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone with the model number SM-G900H. Please take a minute to check your devices model number from the About Device menu. You can find your About Device menu by navigating to the Menu > Settings > About Device > scroll down until you see the Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our USB Driver page. We have the same link on our page that’s available from the Samsung website. We also have another third-party link you can use if the official website is down, if from a more direct source. lastly, you might want to use the ADB drivers from ClockworkMod instead.
- Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone does not restore the device warranty. You can, however, sometimes still send it away for free repairs. See what the people are saying on the forums for that.
- You need to have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your galaxy S5 smartphones to follow this guide. Not having that Debugging Mode enabled will prevent you from following the guide successfully when attempting to connect to the Odin flashing tool.
HOW TO UNROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SM-G900H
- Download the stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S5 device from the Sam Mobile website from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool to flash that stock ROM on your device from this link.
- Download both the files to the computer — that should be in the Downloads folder by default.
- Click and drag both files over to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click over the files and select the “extract here” option.
- Once the files are extracted, you can use them. First get your device connected to the computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone by long-pressing the Power key or pressing the Power button once and choosing the Switch Off option from the Device Option menu.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change color (yellow or blue) and for the “added!” message from the message box.
- Click the PDA or AP button and browse the desktop for the stock ROM.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin app on your computer.
- Click the Start button and wait for the stock ROM to flash on your device.
- Soon you will see the pass message from Odin’s message box and your device will reboot.
- Now you have successfully unrooted the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and returned to your stock ROM.