There are many types of custom recoveries people can install on Android devices but most people only know of three since they are by far and away the most popular of the bunch. The one recovery that gets many people’s votes as the best custom recovery to install on Android devices is Team Win’s TWRP recovery. The main reason people are loving TWRP recovery is that it comes with a touch-based user-interface. A stock recovery traditionally uses the Volume keys and the Power keys to navigate. ClockworkMod recovery also uses those same Volume and Power keys. Team Win’s TWRP recovery gives you the buttons coming from the devices display so you can tap the options with your finger just like you would expect to find from a feature on your Android software version. Apart from that there isn’t a great deal of difference between recoveries and they all give you the same features, most notably for installing custom ROM zip files.
- The following guide is done for the Samsung Galaxy E5 with the SM-E500 model number. That means if you install this recovery file on a different model, you will brick the device. You should check your model number on your device before starting. You can head to the Menu > Settings > About Device > scroll down the list until you see the model number on the display.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You will need to install the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones on your computer.
- You must have a Windows PC to successfully install TWRP using this guide. It can be any operating system on Windows from XP and up. The only exception is some versions of the Windows Surface tablets running Windows RT.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 SM-E500H
- Download the TWRP recovery file from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Download both of the files to the computer. By default they will go to your downloads folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and transfer the files over to the desktop.
- Right-click over each of the files and select the “extract here” option.
- Double-click and run the Odin flashing tool.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphones to download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP or PDA button and browse the desktop for the TWRP recovery file.
- Click the Start button.
- Let Odin do its thing and soon your device will reboot. You should also see the pass message from the message box available from the Odin user-interface.