One of the funnest parts about using mobile phones is the ability to change ROMs almost at will so long as a third-party developer is creating a ROM you want to install. We now have a way Xiaomi Mi 4 owners can update the device to run the Windows 10 Mobile ROM if you want to try using the latest version of Windows on your Mi 4 device instead of that usual Xiaomi custom UI.
- The following guide is made for the Xiaomi Mi 4 and not any other device in the Xiaomi smartphone, phablet or tablet range. Hopefully soon there might be a Windows ROM coming in your direction if you do own a different device, but for now at least, it’s for the Xiaomi Mi 4 only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We strongly recommend backing up the Xiaomi Mi 4 phone contacts, settings, text messages, pictures, videos and music files before starting the guide. You can use various apps from the Google Play Store to help you with each of those tasks starting with the Helium for Android application.
HOW TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10 MOBILE ROM ON XIAOMI MI 4 SMARTPHONES
- Point your browser to insider.windows.com on your computer and download the Windows 10 Mobile ROM from that page.
– you’ll need to create an Insider account if you don’t have one already.
- Download the MIUI flashing tool  so you can flash the new ROM on your device.
- Extract the flashing tool file and double-click on the MiFlash20150601.exe file to run the tool on your computer.
- Click the ‘next’ button.
- You will probably get a warning message that says “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software”. In that’s the case, click the “Install this driver software anyway” option.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then click the ‘Finish’ button down the bottom of the box.
- Launch the flashing tool once it’s done and choose the Windows 10 mobile ROM option from the user-interface.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4 device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the ‘Flash’ button.
Soon that Windows 10 Mobile custom ROM will be flashed on your Xiaomi Mi 4 smartphone and you can start using the new ROM. You might want to reboot the smartphone after the flashing completes if it doesn’t reboot automatically.
You can click the MIUI source link below for more information coming from the official MIUI thread where they have first written the guide up for their users.
[Source MIUI ]