Want to try something incredibly geeky on your Gionee E7 Mini smartphone? Once you root Gionee E7 Mini smartphones you can start installing awesome apps like the adbWireless app. With the adbWireless app running, we can connect your Android device to the computer and ADB without the need of a USB cable. That means you can correct all those how-to guides telling you to connect via a USB cable.
The adbWireless application is just one of the additional apps waiting for you after you successfully work out how to root Gionee E7 Mini smartphones using the guide after the drop. Another app you might want to check out is the LEDs Hack which can disable or enable your LED notification lights on the Android operating system — great for when you do not want to see any lights coming from your device of a night time
- The following guide is made with the Gionee E7 Mini device in mind only. It should work on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. You cannot brick your device by following this method, so give it a shot!
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You are voiding the Gionee warranty by following this guide. You can open the Framaroot app and unroot the same device at any stage later down the track Doing so will mean that warranty can be put to good use once again.
HOW TO ROOT GIONEE E7 MINI
- Download the latest Framaroot application from its home over at XDA Developers here .
- You want to download the app directly to your computer and then transfer the file over to the desktop.
- Connect the Gionee E7 Mini handset to the computer using the same USB cable you would usually use for charging the battery.
- Transfer the Framaroot APK file over to the root of the SD card internal storage.
- Unplug the Gionee E7 Mino from the computer and the USB cable once you are sure the file is on the root of the SD card. By root we mean do not hide it in one of the sub folders.
- Now launch your favorite File Manager or install one from the Google Play Store if you don’t have one already. You can also source them from other sites around the web. However, make sure you do not download malware if you are deciding to install from a third-party link.
- Once you have your File Manager, install the Framaroot APK and it will turn into an app on your device.
- Open the app drawer on your Gionee device and tap on the Framaroot application icon to enter the app.
- Choose the Boromir exploit option from the main page and the Boromir exploit will now try to root your Gionee E7 Mini handset.
- Soon you will get a success message from the app and you are ready to reboot your device.
- Wait the Framaroot application and manually reboot the smartphone like you normally would do any other day.
Once you reboot the Gionee E7 Mini smartphone, you can head to the Google Play Store and download the Basic Root Checker app. Agree to grant superuser access if the app prompts you to do so and it will eventually ping back the results and let you know if your device is rooted.
Open the Google Play Store again and start downloading the root-only apps like the adbWireless app we mentioned earlier.