If you are looking for a reason to root Samsung Galaxy A3 Duos devices, look no further than the Greenify application. With Greenify, you can set apps to go into hibernation mode so they stop sucking up your juice when the app thinks that are sitting in the background.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy A3 Duos smartphone with the model number SM-A3009 only. You can verify yours matches up with the same by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers from our USB Driver downloads page on to your Windows computer.
- You must have a Windows PC for this guide to work. There are several reasons for that, such as getting the drivers working. Another reason is the Odin flashing tool made by Samsung developers does not work for any other operating system apart from Windows.
- You are agreeing to void the Samsung warranty by following this guide. Furthermore, if your device comes with Samsung’s Knox security, you are never getting that warranty back again.
- Make sure the Developer Options menu is enabled and then enter the same and turn on the USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY A3 DUOS SM-A3009 ON ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the updated CF-Root file from here.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from here.
- Transfer both files from the default downloads location over to the desktop.
- Right-click on the files one at a time and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable file and get the Odin flashing tool running on your computer.
- Make sure the USB Drivers are installed on the computer before going ahead from this point or it won’t work.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy A3 and reboot the device in download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP button you can see from the Odin user-interface on the computer.
- Upload the executable CF-Root file you can see after you extracted it earlier.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flashing tool to flash that rooting exploit by Chainfire on your Sammy smartphone.
- Soon you will get a pass box lighting up green and you should see the smartphone reboot automatically. Those of you who do not see the smartphone reboot, will need to do that manually by hand.
- Once the A3 handset reboots, you are all set to start installing your apps. Since Chainfire makes the SuperSU app, you already have that available from your app drawer.
You might be interested in checking out the Greenify app for your rooted Samsung Galaxy A3 Duos handset.