You can find new rooted apps for your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone to do just about anything once you complete the guide below. One app we recommend you check out is the BBQScreen application. Some people say the BBQScreen app works wonder for their devices, while others complain that it doesn’t work well. Some owners who do claim the app works great are the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 owners. With the BBQScreen app working, you can stream full-speed 25FPS video to a Windows PS, Mac, or Linux computers.
- These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G LTE on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the firmware build number KOT49H.N7105XXUFNH1. You can check the build number your device is running by heading to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. You can flash that same KOT49H.N7105XXUFNH1 stock ROM on your device if you are not running it before you root it using this guide.
- The following guide is made for the GT-N7105 model number of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. You can check your model number by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number. Do not follow this guide if you have one of the other Galaxy Note 2 model numbers or else you risk bricking the device and getting it stuck in a bootloop.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones directly to the Windows computer you want to use with the guide.
- Make sure that the Developer Options menu is showing from the Settings by pointing to the Menu > Settings and scrolling down the list until you get to the Developer Options menu.
- Those of you who need to unlock the Developer Options because it is hidden can do that now by pointing to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap on the firmware build number seven times until it is unlocked.
- Open the Developer Options menu by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options and enable the option for the USB Debugging. That should help you connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the computer.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 4G LTE GT-N7105 ON ANDROID 4.4.2
- Download the GT-N7105 CF-Root package from this link.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flashing tool from this link.
- Transfer the files over to the desktop and then right-click over the files and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by long-pressing its Power button.
- Reboot it now in download mode. You will find the download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Wait until it says for you to press the Volume Up button and get that done before finally connecting the Galaxy Note 2 device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or the AP button and browse the desktop for the updated rooting exploit to flash on your device.
- Click the Start button and it will root your Galaxy Note 2 device.
- Wait until you get the pass message and the box changes to the color green; your device should also reboot.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now rooted and you can start installing your root-only apps from App Brains and other more popular sources like the Google Play Store.
You might want to test out the BBQScreen app as your first rooted app for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone to get your started.