These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530R4 smartphones running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Once you finish rooting the Grand prime handset, you can choose to flash a custom recovery or start installing your apps that require root access to the internal system to run.
- The following guide to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530R4 is based on the LMY47X.G530R4TYU1AOF5 firmware. You should downgrade to that same version of Android 5.1.1 on your Grand Prime before following this guide to make sure you don’t get it stuck in boot loops or soft-brick scenarios.
- You should only follow this guide if you have the same SM-G530R4 model number — the model for the US Cellular variant of the Grand Prime smartphone.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with model number G530R4 before you can attempt to root it using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool.
- You can only follow this guide to root the G530R4 device if you are running a Windows PC.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  directly to the computer before you follow this guide. It’s those same drivers that will allow your device, the Odin app and the computer to communicate properly throughout the guide.
- You are voiding the warranty on your Samsung Galaxy Grand by following this guide. You can unroot the device by flashing the stock ROM on it using the same Odin flashing tool and you’re warranty will start working again.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME SM-G530R4 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the updated CF-Root file for SM-G530R4 devices from this link .
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool directly to your computer from this link .
- Download both the Odin and CF-Root for the G530R4 from the links above and shift the files over to the desktop.
- Right-click over the files and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530R4 and reboot it back up in download mode.
– press the Volume Down + Home + Power button at the same time to reach download mode.
- Press the Volume Up button on your device when it says to do that on the display.
- Connect the Galaxy Grand Prime to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change colors, so you know the drivers are working.
- Click the PDA/AP button and browse the desktop for the updated CF-Root exploit.
- Leave the default settings the way they are from the Odin application.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flash tool to flash that rooting exploit on your device.
- Once it’s done, you will get a pass message from the Odin app user-interface on the computer and your Galaxy Grand Prime will reboot.
- Your Grand Prime will now reboot back into normal mode and you can find the SuperSU app available from the app drawer.
- That’s all you need to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530R4 devices using the updated version of the CF-Auto-Root tool.
Those of you looking for a fun app to try on your rooted Grand Prime might like to try the Sixaxis Controller  app to give your device a far greater gaming experience with a controller not to dissimilar to the Sony PlayStation control.