An unofficial version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow is now up for grabs on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G device thanks to the latest CM13 custom ROM made by the official CyanogenMod team. By updating your Redmi Note 4G, you are bypassing the waiting line for the official Android 6.0 stock ROM to arrive finally on your device via Xiaomi.
As you well know, OEMs and manufacturers are always slower than out third-party developer friends, so let’s install the CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM and see how it runs.
- These are the steps to update the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G to a custom ROM. Do not apply the same files you find in this guide on any other device or else you risk soft-bricking that device.
- You must root and install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G before you can complete these steps.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We are directing you to the NANDroid Backup option during the guide. We highly recommend you take us up on that offer, since this version of the CM13 custom ROM is a Nightly build and not a complete stable ROM. It’s important you take a backup of your data so you can restore it at any time if you want to flash your stock ROM back on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G device.
HOW TO INSTALL CM13 ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW ON XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4G
- Download the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM package from its home over at this XDA Developers thread .
- Keep the CM13 file on the desktop of your computer and connect the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G device with the same.
- Transfer the CM13 custom ROM zip file to the root of the SD card on your Redmi Note handset.
- Unplug the Redmi Note from the computer now and reboot it in your custom recovery. You can use the Quick Boot app if you cannot get there via the hardware keys.
– you can choose any custom recovery to install on your device; however, it is advised that you use the TWRP recovery.
- Once the custom recovery is loaded, tap or highlight the ‘Backup’ option and take your NANDroid Backup.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and take your ‘Wipe’ or ‘Wipe data’ option to apply that reset you need.
- Go back to the main recovery menu once again, only this time tap or highlight the option starting with ‘Install’ and browse the SD card for your CM13 Android 6.0 custom ROM.
- Confirm you want to install that same file by following the on-screen instruction issued by your version of custom recovery.
- You can choose to load your Android 6.0 Marshmallow Google Gapps package the same way, if you wanted the Google stock Apps running on your new ROM.
- Choose the ‘reboot System’ option from the main recovery menu and your device will reboot back in normal mode with the new CM13 custom ROM on the display.
- Regain control of your Google account and you’re done!