If you are rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 SC-04F for the first time, you will probably want to know about the Triangle Away application from Chainfire. As you might know, Chainfire is the guy who makes the CF-Root tool which we are using to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 device. He’s also the guy who has created the Triangle Away app which can return your flash counter back to zero after you have installed a modified kernel, custom ROM or any kind of custom firmware. Furthermore, the Triangle Away app will remove that yellow triangle you get during the boot process which usually signifies you are running a modified kernel.
- Use this guide to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SC-04F DoCoMo on Android 5.0 Lollipop only.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that you do need to have the DoCoMo Samsung Galaxy S5 bootloader unlocked before you can think about rooting it using this guide and the CF-Root tool by Chainfire.
- You need to download the Samsung USB Drivers  directly to the Windows PC if you haven’t updated them recently, or else you won’t get your device to connect with the flash tool.
- You must have a Windows computer to follow this guide. The Odin flash tool does not work with any other operating system.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled from the S5’s settings by tapping the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 SC-04F DOCOMO RUNNING ANDROID 5.0
- Download the S5 SC-04F rooting bundle from this link .
- Move the bundle over to the desktop of your Windows PC and then right-click the mouse over the file and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Now that your bundle is extracted, you will see the Odin executable (.exe) and the CF-Root tool you can use.
- Double-click your mouse on the Odin flash tool executable file and it will open on your desktop.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 by selecting the Device Options and tapping the Power Off option.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 up in download mode .
- Connect the DoCoMo S5 to the computer using the USB cable.
- You should see the ID: COM port light up green if your Samsung drivers are working properly. Reboot the computer or install them if you haven’t already should you need to fix that problem.
- Click the PDA button you can see from your Odin app on the PC and upload the CF-Root file you can see on the desktop from the extracted bundle.
- Leave the Odin application default settings the same way they were when you first installed it on the computer.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool should now flash that CF-Root file on your DoCoMo S5 smartphone.
- You can see it’s done when you get the ‘pass’ message from the display and your DoCoMo S5 reboots. You’ll need to reboot it manually if it doesn’t reboot by itself.
- You are ready to regain control of your Google account and head to the Google Play Store to start installing your new apps that are available.