These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 with the model number GT-S7582. You can start installing your rooted apps once you complete the guide, or even check out what custom recoveries are available. You should choose between TWRP recovery, CWM recovery or Philz recovery. Those three recoveries are the best custom recoveries you can install.
- You must have the bootloader unlocked before you can start this guide.
- You must have a Windows PC before you can use the Odin flash tool for your galaxy S Duos 2 device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the hidden developer option menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap the build number at least 7 times and it will tell you that you are now using the Galaxy S Duos 2 as a Developer.
- Open the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options and then check the box that says USB Debugging Mode. You might need to scroll down the list until you can see the Developer Options.
- You are voiding the Samsung warranty by following this guide and any device with Knox security cannot get that warranty working again. Those without Knox security can flash a stock ROM back on the device and the warranty will start working again.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S DUOS 2 GT-S7582
- Download the Vroot application for your Duos 2 smartphone from this link .
- Download and extract the file above to the desktop of your Windows PC. You can extract the file by right-clicking over it once it is on the desktop.
- Double-click on the executable Odin file after it is extracted on your desktop and the user-interface will open on the computer. Leave it open.
- Long-press the Samsung Galaxy S Power button and wait until it switches off.
- Turn it back on by holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Wait until you see the option to press the Volume Up button from the menu and press the same. Your device is now in the download mode.
- Connect the Galaxy S to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the CF-Root file that should have popped out of the extracted file.
- Click the Start button from the Odin user-interface.
- Wait until the Odin flash tool gives your Galaxy S the pass message from the display and the device reboots.
- Now you can unplug it from the computer, close down the Odin app on the computer and start browsing the Google Play Store for the rooted apps you have been waiting to use.
There are loads of great apps to install on your Samsung Galaxy S Duos after you have completed the steps above. One app we really recommend checking out is the Goo Manager. In a nutshell, the Goomanager app is great for downloading anything you would find on goo.im. The Goomanager app can find any ROM that is available for your device so you don’t have to spend time looking yourself.