These are the steps to root LG Tribute 2 smartphones using the KingRoot universal one-click rooting application. The KingRoot way is the only known rooting method for the Tribute 2 at the stage, but if you want a proper root in the future, you should check back later and see if there’s something newer available. The KingRoot app is known as more of a soft root and intended for those who just want to install more apps.
- The KingRoot app released during 2015 and is always being updated to include more devices. Nevertheless, you should sought after a unique guide that is made for your device if it isn’t the LG Tribute 2.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must enable the Unknown Sources option from the menu before starting the guide. You can turn on your Unknown Sources option by tapping over the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Now you can install your third-party apps from outside of the Google Play Store.
- There is a desktop version of the KingRoot app that is available from the official KingRoot.net website. You should test out the desktop version of the app on your device doesn’t manage to root the device. It’s said that the desktop version has a higher success rate.
HOW TO ROOT LG TRIBUTE 2 USING THE KINGROOT APP
- Download the KingRoot app for your Tribute 2 device from this link  and place it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Tribute 2 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the KingRoot APK file over to the root of your Tribute 2’s SD card.
- Unplug the Tribute 2 device from the computer once you are happy the file is on the SD card.
- Launch a File Manager and follow the prompts to install the APK on your device. You can use any File Manager to get the job done.
- Head over to the Tribute’s app drawer and tap over the KingRoot app.
- Tap the large button form the main page that says Get Root and it will root the device.
- Wait until the universal one-click rooting tool gives you the success message and the progress bar reaches 100% on the display before closing the app.
- Reboot the LG Tribute 2 smartphone and you’re done.
You might want to check out all the new apps you can install on your device now that you have finished rooting your LG Tribute 2 smartphone. You can find heaps of resources online for ideas if you don’t know of any. The Greenify application is always one of the favorites atop of many people’s lists, as it will give your device better battery life by identifying the app that are using up unnecessary power and running in the background.
You can start thinking about installing a custom recovery on the LG Tribute 2 device if you want to learn how to take better backups of your data. Further, a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM is also the way to go if you prefer installing a new ROM instead of the stock ROM that is currently on your device.