- The following guide works with the F240 variant of the LG G Pro smartphone only. Do not follow this guide on any other device or else you do risk bricking the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must enable the USB Debugging Mode before you can start the guide. Do that the usual way on your F240 device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Note that flashing a new recovery that isn’t the stock recovery on the LG smartphone will void any warranty you might have had with the Life’s Good company. You can always install your stock recovery back on the device and the warranty will work again. You can often find the stock recovery as part of the package when you flash a stock ROM back on the device. Furthermore, flashing a stock ROM is usually the way to go when you want to unroot the LG G pro smartphone too, so you can kill a few birds with the one stone.
HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON LG G PRO F240
- Download the lte2jbrecovery.zip file directly to your computer.
- Connect the LG G pro smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the recovery zip file over to the root of the G Pro’s internal SD card storage space.
- Unplug your G Pro from the computer once you are satisfied the file is definitely on the SD card.
- Launch any File Explorer such as the EFS File Explorer and install your a.pk file properly.
- When done properly, you will see the app now available from the app drawer — where you always find your new apps.
- Tap your finger over the 2nd-init Recovery option.
- Tap over the ‘Reboot recovery’ option from the menu.
That’s all you need to do to install CWM Recovery on the LG G Pro F240 device. You can always use your hardware keys to access the recovery mode. Using the same hardware keys you used for the stock recovery will continue to work. Moreover, those of you who have rooted the device can head over to the Google Play Store and install the Quick Boot app. Once you install the Quick Boot application on your device, open it up and you will see the option to reboot your smartphone to recovery mode. It will pick up on the recovery you have already installed and boot it up immediately.
Those of you who want to get a proper feel of customizing a device should think about rooting the G Pro F240 if you haven’t done that already. You can usually find rooting guides available from our search box or other forums online such as the XDA Developer website. The XDA website is also where third-party developers post their work for new custom ROMs when they become available. A simple Google search of LG G Pro custom ROMs should also find you some lists from other sites around the web.