ClockworkMod recovery is available for the LG Optimus Black smartphone. While many are preferring the switch to TWRP recovery these days, there is still a strong following for the CWM recovery version.
Here is the guide to install CWM recovery on LG Optimus Black smartphone with a Windows PC. All you need to do is download one file and extract the archive to the desktop. Connect the device and run the program to have it automatically flash your recovery.
- You must root the LG Optimus Black smartphone before you can follow this guide and install a custom recovery on the device. It shouldn’t matter what method you choose to root the Optimus Black.
- You must have a Windows operating system running on your computer to use this guide. The files in this guide are not going to run on any other operating system, including Linux/Ubuntu and Mac computers.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you have the Developer Options unlocked on your LG Black smartphone by tapping the Menu > Settings > About Device > Tap over the build number 7 times. Those who see nothing yet should continue tapping until the screen says you are now using the LG device as a developer. That’s how you will now the Developer Options is unlocked. Now we will show you how to use the hidden menu.
- Tap on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. Check the box with the same number and exit the Developer Options menu once you are done.
- You should probably install the USB Drivers on your computer from the LG link found on our USB Driver downloads page. Those of you who cannot get the LG Drivers working can install the universal ADB Driver from the same page instead.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORMOD RECOVERY ON LG OPTIMUS BLACK
- Download the CWM recovery file from this link.
- Extract the CWM recovery archive to the desktop of the computer. Do that by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Connect the LG Black smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Double-click your mouse on the flash.cmd file you can see on the desktop from the extracted archive.
- The program will now flash the custom recovery on your smartphone.
If all goes well, your LG Black smartphone will automatically reboot up in the custom recovery you juts installed. Those who never get that happening can reboot the device in recovery mode using the normal hardware keys to get that done. Alternatively, you can install the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store. The Quick Boot app does as the name suggest and offers a quick and easy way to boot your smartphone up in the modes you need with little fuss. The only drawback is it requires access to the root files system to work. That doesn’t matter for you guys since you had to root the Black smartphone before installing the custom recovery. That means the Quick Boot application will be working on your device after you download and install the same from the Google Play Store.