These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV SM-G531BT smartphones running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update using the Cf-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire which installs the SuperSU on your device. The SuperSU application means you can start installing apps like the Greenify app and the Titanium Backup app.
- The CF-Auto-Root package that is found in this guide is based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with LMY48B.G531BTVJU0AOK1 firmware. You don’t need that same LMY48B.G531BTVJU0AOK1 firmware running on your device. Chainfire intends it for to be used as an indicator since some of the older Samsung devices do not boot older images.
- You should use this guide to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV smartphone only if it has the SM-G531BT model number. You can navigate to your device’s Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number to check that is right for your device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  directly to your computer and install them before you start the guide.
- You might need to unlock the Developer Options menu if you cannot see it there from the Settings menu. You can do that by tapping on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV’s Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Turn on the Grand Prime’s USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME DUOS TV SM-G531BT RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the Duos TV from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract the files on the desktop of the computer.
- Double-click the Odin executable file so that the Odin flashing tool opens its user-interface on your desktop and leave it open so you can connect your device.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV smartphone and reboot it in download mode so you can start flashing files on the device.
- Connect the Grand Prime Duos TV to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button or the AP button that is available from the Odin user-interface.
- Browse the desktop location for the Duos TV’s tar.md5 file and wait for it to load so you can see the file extension in Odin.
- Do not change any of the default settings from the Odin flash tool’s user-interface.
- Click the Start button and wait until the Odin app on the computer gives you the pass message and your Grand Prime Duos Tv’s display tells you the device is going to reboot in 10 seconds.
The smartphone should now automatically reboot itself in recovery mode and the rooting will be complete. Any device that does not get in recovery mode must make that happen using the hardware keys now by holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons during the booting phase.