- You must follow this guide if you have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone with the model number SM-N910H only. You will brick the device if you flash these files on a different model number of the Galaxy Note 4 device.
- Check your model number of Note 4 by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from our USB Drivers page. You will find them if you scroll down and see the Samsung name. Additionally, you might like to try the universal ADB Driver if the Samsung driver is down at your time of visit. Both drivers should do the job just fine.
- Enable the Developer Options menu on your Note 4 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. Continue tapping over the build number at least seven times. Eventually it should say you are now a developer, which means the Developer Options menu is made available.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 SM-N910H RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Sign up to a Sam Mobile account and download your SM-N910H firmware file for your region from this link.
- Download the Odin 3.09 flash tool for your Note 4 from this link.
- Extract the files on the desktop of the computer by right-clicking them and choosing the “extract here” from the menu.
- Click over the Odin executable so the app runs on your computer and leave it open.
- Press the Power button on your Note 4 and choose ‘Power Off’ from the Device Options.
- Boot the Note 4 by holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Press the Volume Up button when it says to do so on the device’s display and your Galaxy Note 4 will boot up in the download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop of the tar firmware file that you extracted on the desktop in the beginning of the guide.
- Do not change any of the default settings from your Odin user-interface; download a new copy if you are using an old copy and you have forgotten the default settings.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flash tool to flash your Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device.
- Wait until you can see the pass message from the Odin user-interface and your device reboots before you unplug and start using your new firmware.
Awesome; that’s how to install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone with the model number SM-N910H. You might be interested in knowing how to root the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop by using the CF-Auto-Root tool and the Odin flash tool.