These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV smartphones with the model number SM-G530BT running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating systems using the Odin flashing tool and a computer running Windows.
There are times directly after some software updates in the future that Chainfire needs to update the file because the new software brings in a new bootloader. During this time, everyone who flashes the file will find the device won’t boot. Once Chainfire gets the new recovery.img to work with, he can update the file and then the guide works again. That’s why you should avoid rooting any time just after you have received a OTA update.
Those experiencing a device that does not boot or does not flash can report it to Chainfire so he know about the news and can update the file. You can reply to the official CF-Auto-Root thread over at XDA Developers .
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV smartphone with the model number SM-G530BT to use this guide without bricking the device. That should be pretty easy to understand since there is only one model number for the Duos TV version of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. Nonetheless, you should head over to the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number just to make sure it does match.
- The CF-Auto-Root file found in this guide is made based on KTU84P.G530BTVJU1ANK1 firmware and Android 4.4.4 KitKat. It does not matter if you are not running that exact same firmware build — Chainfire will continue updating the file. However, you should only follow this guide running Android 4.4.4 KitKat and look for a new guide if your device ever gets Android 5.0 or 5.1 Lollipop. That way you avoid flashing any files that do not work.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for your Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV and the computer from our USB Drivers page. You should install them on the Windows computer you are using before you start the guide. Having the drivers working properly means the Odin flash program, the computer and your smartphone can all work well together.
- Unlock the Developer Options by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device and then tap the Build Number 7 times. Now go back to the Developer Options menu and enter the same. You will see the USB Debugging Mode available within the Developer Options menu. Enable the USB Debugging so you can connect your device.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND PRIME DUOS TV
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the Prime Duos TV from this link .
- Download the Odin flash tool for the Duos TV from this link .
- Right-click over the files once they are on the desktop and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Turn off the Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV and reboot it up in the download mode.
- Connect the Grand Prime Duos TV to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA button and browse your desktop of the CF-Auto-Root tar.md5 file.
- Click the Start button.
- Wait until you can see your Grand Prime Duos TV smartphone is going to reboot on the display — it will say it in white text.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand prime Duos TV will now reboot in recovery mode and not normal mode. It must enter recovery if the guide is to root your smartphone. It happens automatically for most devices. Those who do not get in recovery must do it manually by pressing the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.