These are the instructions to root Samsung Galaxy S5 devices running on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software update. You will be using the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire to install and enable the SuperSU on your device — the same SuperSU app that will grant the rooting permissions you need.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo smartphone that has the model number SM-G903F. You can always find out your model number if you don’t already know it by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
- The CF-Auto-Root tool in this guide is based on the LMY47X.G903FXXU1AOKC firmware which is part of an Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update in some regions. You do not need to be running that firmware to complete this guide. You do, however, need to use that firmware as an indicator for your own software. Some older Samsung devices will not boot the image files if your OS is older.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  from our USB Drivers page.
- Unlock the Developer Options on your Galaxy S5 Neo device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number. keep tapping the Build Number until you have tapped it at least seven times and it will tell you on the display when you can stop.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from inside the Developer Options menu you just unlocked by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You are voiding the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo’s warranty when you choose to root the device. As long as your device doesn’t come with any Samsung Knox security you can easily unroot and get the warranty working once again.
- It doesn’t matter if you have a custom recovery or stock recovery installed when you follow this guide. Likewise, you can choose to install a custom recovery after you finish this guide if you wish. Alternatively, you can continue using your stock recovery with the root access.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S5 NEO RUNNING ANDROID 5.1.1
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the S5 Neo from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract both the files on the desktop of your Windows PC by right-clicking over the files and picking “extract here”.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and reboot it in download mode.
- Connect the S5 Neo to the computer with the USB cable you normally use to charge the device.
- Click the PDA or AP button and browse the desktop for the CF-Auto-Root tar.md5 file.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button.
- Do not touch any buttons until the Odin flashing tool flashes the rooting exploit on your Galaxy S5 Neo smartphone.
- Look at your S5 Neo’s display and wait until it says it is rebooting in 10 seconds.
- Your S5 Neo should now reboot in recovery mode — it doesn’t matter if you have a custom recovery or a stock recovery installed at this point. As long as it reaches the recovery mode it will root your device.
Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo in recovery mode if your device does not boot in the mode automatically.