These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy A5 LTE SM-A500K smartphones running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update. The rooting method we are using today is the CF-Auto-Root tool by Chainfire who is the same guy who makes the Triangle Away app.
- The guide you see after the drop is made for the Samsung Galaxy A5 LTE variant with the SM-A500K model number. You can always check your model number by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number to see if yours matches. It’s very important you follow the guide with that same model number or else you will probably brick the device.
- The Cf-Auto-Root tool found in this guide is based on the LRX22G.A500KKTU1BOK1 firmware — a version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates — and should be used as an indicator. Some devices in the Samsung range do not boot older images, so update your device if you need upgrading.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers that need to be running on your Windows computer before you start the guide.
- Enable the Developer Options menu on your Galaxy A5 LTE device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy A5 LTE by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Understand that by rooting the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone with LTE, you are voiding the Samsung warranty. Any device that does not come with Knox security can unroot and the warranty working again.
- You can have a custom recovery or a stock recovery already installed on your Galaxy A5 before you start the guide. Furthermore, you can choose to install a custom recovery after the guide is complete if you prefer a custom recovery. The recovery alone will not ever affect your root access on the device.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 LTE SM-A500K RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for the A500K from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool version 3.09 from this link.
- Right-click on the files when you have them on the desktop of your computer and choose the “extract here” from the menu.
- Double-click the Odin executable and wait for the flash tool to open on the computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy A5 LTE smartphone and reboot it in download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you can see from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the tar.md5 file you can see after you extracted the rooting file.
- Do not touch the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will flash the exploit on your Samsung Galaxy A5 device.
- Watch the display of your Galaxy A5 smartphone for when it tells you that it is going to reboot in 10 seconds.
- It should proceed to automatically reboot the device in recovery mode; it needs that to finish the rooting or else it won’t be rooted.
Manually boot the A5 device into the recovery mode if it never happens automatically and you’re done.