Installing a custom recovery on the Asus transformer TF300T is a common thing to do if you want to customize your device by getting away from the stock ROM, stock kernel and standard apps from the Google Play Store that everybody can install. Further, a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery is popular for its backing up capabilities on the Asus transformer TF300T.
These are the steps to install TWRP Recovery on Asus transformer TF300T tablets using adb commands from a Windows computer.
- You must have the Asus Transformer device that has the TF300T model number. None of the other model numbers will work and you could potentially brick the device if you use the files in this guide on a different model number.
- You must have a Windows computer to follow this guide since it requires you to set up adb and enter commands from the command line.
- You must unlock the Asus Transformer bootloader before you can install TWRP Recovery on the device — it’s the same way for all custom recoveries.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Installing a custom recovery on the Asus Transformer tablet will always void the warranty. You can flash the stock recovery and get the warranty working again so you can send it away for free repairs.
- Always take a backup of the data on your Asus device before you start with a custom recovery guide. Customizing your device always comes with certain elements of risk involved, and one of those is usually the potential loss of data. You can sync your device with your computer or install apps like Helium from the Google Play Store.
- You might need to unlock the hidden Developer Options menu from your Asus Transformer device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging on the Transformer tablet by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300T
- Install the universal ADB driver  on your computer running Windows operating system before you do anything else.
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the TF300T device from this link .
- Set up adb on your computer running Windows  and then come back and continue with the guide.
- Copy the TWRP Recovery for the Transformer Pad over to the same folder as the adb and leave the folder open.
- Connect the transformer Pad to the computer with the USB cable.
- From within the folder that has adb and TWRP, hold the Shift key and right-click any space where there is no files.
- Choose to open a new command prompt window from the menu and the command prompt will open.
- Type the first command:
adb reboot bootloader
- The Asus Transformer TF300T will now reboot in bootloader mode; this is normal.
- Type the next command:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash staging twrp.img
- the custom recovery image will now be installed on your TF300T tablet; those who did change the file name will need to also make the necessary changes from the file name in the command you are issuing.
- Type the last command:
On the odd occasion, some Asus devices can wipe the custom recovery and replace it with the stock recovery during the first boot after you type “fastboot reboot”. For those times, you must go to Google and find the exact key combination you need to enter recovery mode on your Asus Transformer TF300T device and hold that key combination when you issuing the “fastboot reboot” command, You should find that fixes the problem and the TWRP Recovery stays with your Asus Transformer TF300T device.