These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3110 running on the Android 4.0.3 software update. The guide for rooting the Tab 2 7.0 uses the Odin flashing tool that works well on Windows computer, and the CF-Auto-Root tool which is made by Chainfire.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that has the GT-P3110 model number to use this guide. Any other model number will probably brick the device.
- You should be running Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. The CF-Auto-Root package in this guide is based on the IML74K.P3110XXALD4 firmware. You do not need to be running that same firmware build ID; however, you should be using it as an indicator for your firmware. Some of the older images will not boot on some Samsung devices.
- You must have a Windows computer to use this guide or else the flashing tool by Samsung will not work.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet to the computer before you start the guide. A computer running Windows will need the Samsung drivers to be up to date for all devices and programs to talk with each other. You will have the updated drivers from our link.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 GT-P3110 RUNNING ANDROID 4.0.3 ICE CREAM SANDWICH
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the Tab 2 P3110 from this link.
- Download the Odin flashing tool for the Tab 2 7″ from this link.
- Extract both the Odin and rooting exploit files to the desktop of the computer by right-clicking > extract here from the menu.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file that is on the desktop.
- Long-press the Power button or choose the Power Off option from the Device Options menu and wait until the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 turns off completely.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 by pressing the button combination to reach download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you can see from the Odin application on the computer.
- Upload the CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-espressowifixx-gtp3110.tar.md5 file that is available on the desktop.
- Do not adjust the default settings from the Odin app on the computer.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin flashing tool to apply the rooting exploit on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 device.
- Look at the Tab 2’s display and wait until it says the device is about to reboot in 10 seconds.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet will now reboot in recovery mode. Once it does enter recovery mode, you can take control of your device and use it in normal mode again. Anyone who does not see the recovery mode needs to boot it in recovery manually by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power button combination when booting the device up. It only works if the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is off first.